All batteries require some form of maintenance to maintain their lifespan. Yes! even maintenance free batteries.
To enjoy your inverter, your inverter batteries must be well taken care of. But most people don’t know how to go about doing that.
- Even if there is no power outage, make sure your batteries are still used by discharging them at least once a month.
- Keep your battery away from fire and smoke.
- Ensure proper loading of devices. Do not connect loads greater than what the inverter was designed to carry.
- Disconnect extra load when not in use.
- Use energy-saving devices on the power backup system.
- If a battery is damaged, replace it. Do not combine old and new batteries together in a system. Routine maintenance will help you know about changes to be made with respect to your inverter and battery.
- Allowing the power in the inverter battery to drain completely frequently before recharging it damages the inverter battery’s cells. This reduces its lifespan.